Welcome to FilmApp SeattleThank you for your interest in obtaining a Seattle Film Permit for your production! We're a one-stop shop for film permitting. We'll coordinate with other city agencies to ensure a smooth film shoot.
Film Permitting Quick Facts
- Film Permits are a flat $25 per day. Productions may film at multiple locations in a single day, and the fee will remain the same
- Film Permits are only issued for city-owned property in the City of Seattle. This includes: City Parks, streets, sidewalks, and some city-owned buildings. This does not include: Pike Place Market, the Space Needle, Olympic Sculpture Park, the Great Wheel, and other city landmarks or tourist attractions
- Parking may be reserved for your working production vehicles at a rate of $15 per metered space per day
- Other fees may be incurred if your production impacts requires additional staffing by the the Seattle Police Department or Parks Department
- For indepth information on our permitting rules and regulations, please consult our Film Manual
If you have questions about the permitting process, please reach out to us via email at email@example.com, or contact the permitting office at 206-233-3948.
Personal information entered in Film App is subject to Washington Public Records Act, and may be subject to disclosure to a third-party requestor. At the City of Seattle, we are committed to protecting your privacy and will ensure that any disclosures are done according to law. To learn more about how this information is managed please see our Privacy Statement