Welcome to FilmApp Seattle
On June 30, 2021 Washington State has re-opened under the "Washington Ready Plan." The guidelines set forth by the "Motion Picture Production COVID-19 Requirements" are no longer required - can be used as recommendations for set safety.
Productions will now be follow the "Department of Labor and Industries (L&I) Coronavirus (COVID-19) Prevention: General Requirements and Prevention Ideas for Workplaces" and the states update "Facial Covering Guidelines."
Union productions must continue to follow the health and safety guidence outlined in their union or guild contracts such as the Return to Work Agreement.
Thank you for your interest in obtaining a Seattle Film Permit for your production! We're a one-stop shop for film permitting. We'll coordinate with other city agencies to ensure a smooth film shoot.
Film Permitting Quick Facts
- Film Permits are a flat $25 per day. Productions may film at multiple locations in a single day, and the fee will remain the same
- Film Permits are only issued for city-owned property in the City of Seattle. This includes: City Parks, streets, sidewalks, and some city-owned buildings. This does not include: Pike Place Market, the Space Needle, Olympic Sculpture Park, the Great Wheel, and other city landmarks or tourist attractions
- Parking may be reserved for your working production vehicles at a rate of $15 per metered space per day
- Other fees may be incurred if your production impacts requires additional staffing by the the Seattle Police Department or Parks Department
- For indepth information on our permitting rules and regulations, please consult our Film Manual
If you have questions about the permitting process, please reach out to us via email at email@example.com, or contact the permitting office at 206-233-3948.
Personal information entered in Film App is subject to Washington Public Records Act, and may be subject to disclosure to a third-party requestor. At the City of Seattle, we are committed to protecting your privacy and will ensure that any disclosures are done according to law. To learn more about how this information is managed please see our Privacy Statement