Welcome to FilmApp San Antonio
We coordinate all filming and photography on city-owned property, which encompasses more than 250+ parks and facilities including libraries, the San Antonio Riverwalk, Market Square and La Villita. As a film-friendly city, the City of San Antonio's Film/Photography Permits are free of charge.
We have started issuing permits again, but please note, there may be additional restrictions depending on the locatino/situation. Please read the requirements productions must follow in order to get a permit below. For information about City of San Antonio COVID-19 information, please visit: https://www.sanantonio.gov/Health/News/Alerts/CoronaVirus.
- You must apply for the San Antonio Film/Photography Permit at least 10 business days before principal day of shooting.
- All productions are required to submit a certificate of insurance, with the following parameters:
- All productions must agree to follow the Open Texas Media Production Guidelines, at the very minimum: https://open.texas.gov/uploads/files/organization/opentexas/OpenTexas-Checklist-Media-Production.pdf
- A Film/Photography s NOT required for productions:
- On public property for newsgathering purposes.
- On private property.
- A permit is required for any drone activity that is over city-owned property, including streets and sidewalks.
- A permit does not reserve any location.
The following locations are not covered by the City of San Antonio Film Permit and need seperate approvals through the following contacts/forms:
All FAA procedures, policies and guidelines apply. Drone information is collected and reviewed through the Film Permit Application. Drones are not permitted over the Riverwalk.
Reservations (Productions must contact and arrange with each location; we do not reserve locations on production's behalf)