Welcome to FilmApp San Antonio
The San Antonio Film Commission coordinates all filming and photography on city-owned property, which encompasses more than 250+ parks and facilities including libraries, the San Antonio Riverwalk, Market Square and La Villita. The Film Commission helps by connecting filmmakers/photographers to film-savvy city services such as street closures, police rentals and fire/safety services in addition to their production database for cast, crew and related businesses. Filmmakers/photographers can contact the Film Commission with any questions about locations, contacts and permits at 210.207.6777 and browse the Film Commission's Locations Database.
As a film-friendly city, the San Antonio Film Commission and City of San Antonio Parks & Recreation Department waive filming permit fees for productions of all sizes, to ensure filmmakers/photographers can work in an efficient and affordable way. Permits are free.
Reservations (Production must contact and arrange with each location; we do not reserve locations on production's behalf)
The following locations are not covered by the City of San Antonio Film Permit:
- You must apply for the San Antonio Film Permit at least ten business days before principal day of shooting.
- Commercial productions are required to submit a certicate of insurance to FilmSA@FilmSanAntonio.gov, with The City of San Antonio named as additional insured. The San Antonio Film Commission will forward the production insurance requirements; typically, liability insurance of $1M is required.
- A film permit is NOT required for filming on public property for newsgathering purposes.
- A film permit is NOT required for filming on private property.
- A film permit is required for any drone activity that is over city-owned property, including streets and sidewalks.
- A film permit does not reserve any location.