Welcome to FilmApp San Antonio
We are issuing permits if productions meet the additional restrictions listed below. Please review and submit your application accordingly.
For information about City of San Antonio COVID-19 information, please visit: https://www.sanantonio.gov/Health/News/Alerts/CoronaVirus.
The San Antonio Film Commission coordinates all filming and photography on City-owned property, encompassing over 250 parks and facilities including City parks, libraries, the San Antonio Riverwalk, Market Square, and La Villita.
The Film Commission helps filmmakers/photographers connect to film-savvy city services such as street closures, police rentals and fire/safety services in addition to their production database for cast, crew and related businesses.
Before submitting your permit application, please review the following requirements and submit all documentation through Film App.
FILM / VIDEO / PHOTOGRAPHY PERMITS
As a film-friendly city, the City of San Antonio's Film/Photography Permits are free of charge, if productions meet the following requirements:
- Request must be submitted at least 10 business days before principal day of shooting.
- All productions (film/video or photography) are required to submit a Certificate of Insurance (COI) with the following parameters:
- The City of San Antonio, Film Commission, P.O. Box 839966, San Antonio, TX 78283-3966 listed as an additional insured.
- Coverage must meet the requirements listed here: Insurance Requirements
- Productions must not exceed 10 people on set, cast and crew included.
- All productions must agree to follow the Open Texas Media Production Guidelines, at the very minimum. Click here to view: Open Texas Checklist.
- Productions must upload their Health Safety Plan.
- A Film/Photography permit is NOT required for productions:
- On public property for newsgathering purposes.
- On private property.
- A permit is required for any drone activity that is over city-owned property, including streets and sidewalks.
- A permit does not reserve any location. Productions must contact and arrange with each location; we do not reserve locations on production's behalf.
- All FAA procedures, policies and guidelines apply.
- A Film Permit Application is required for Drones and should be submitted through this app for review. All of the above requirements still apply.
- Drones are not permitted over the Riverwalk.
The following locations are not covered by the City of San Antonio Film Permit and need seperate approvals through the following contacts/forms: