Welcome to FilmApp San Antonio
The San Antonio Film Commission coordinates all filming and photography on City-owned property, encompassing over 250 parks and facilities including City parks, libraries, the San Antonio Riverwalk, Market Square, and La Villita.
The Film Commission helps filmmakers/photographers connect to film-savvy city services such as street closures, police rentals and fire/safety services in addition to their production database for cast, crew and related businesses.
Before submitting your permit application, please review the following requirements and submit all documentation through Film App.
FILM / VIDEO / PHOTOGRAPHY PERMITS
As a film-friendly city, the City of San Antonio's Film/Photography Permits are free of charge. Please note the following requirements:
- Request must be submitted at least 10 business days before principal day of shooting.
- All productions (film/video or photography) are required to submit a Certificate of Insurance (COI) with the following parameters:
- The City of San Antonio, Film Commission, P.O. Box 839966, San Antonio, TX 78283-3966 listed as an additional insured.
- Coverage must meet the requirements listed here: Insurance Requirements
- A Film/Photography permit is NOT required for productions:
- On public property for newsgathering purposes.
- On private property.
- A permit is required for any drone activity that is over city-owned property, including streets and sidewalks.
- A permit does not reserve any location. Productions must contact and arrange with each location; we do not reserve locations on production's behalf.
- La Villita | Reservation Form
- City Parks | Registration & Reservation Form
- Landa Library and Gardens allows a maximum of three (3) hours for photo shoots. Please request 3 or less hours for photo shoots at this location.
- ALL SATUDAY AFTERNOONS FROM March 25, 2023 - MAY 27, 2023 ARE BLOCKED. No photography permits will be issued during these Saturday afternoons. Please submit your photo permit requests accordingly.
- All FAA procedures, policies and guidelines apply.
- A Film Permit Application is required for Drones and should be submitted through this app for review. All of the above requirements still apply.
- Drones are not permitted over the Riverwalk.
The following locations are not covered by the City of San Antonio Film Permit and need seperate approvals through the following contacts/forms:
- Alamo/Alamo Plaza | Film Permit Request
- Japanese Tea Gardens | Photo Permit Guidelines
- Pearl Brewery | Photograph and Videography FAQ | Contact Vanessa Ovalle vovalle@PearlBrewery.com
- "San Antonio: The Saga" at Main Plaza | Contact Molly Hall-Harvey email@example.com
- San Antonio Missions | Film and Photography Permits | Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- San Antonio Botanical Gardens | Photography Policy | Contact Eliana Rodriguez, Director of Marketing
- E-MAIL us at email@example.com
- CALL us at 210.207.6777 (messages returned within 24 hours)
- Browse the Film Commission's Locations Database