Welcome to FilmApp San Antonio
The San Antonio Film Commission coordinates all filming and photography on City-owned property, encompassing over 250 parks and facilities including City parks, libraries, the San Antonio Riverwalk, Market Square, and La Villita.
The Film Commission helps filmmakers/photographers connect to film-savvy city services such as street closures, police rentals and fire/safety services in addition to their production database for cast, crew and related businesses.
For information about City of San Antonio COVID-19 information, please visit: https://www.sanantonio.gov/Health/News/Alerts/CoronaVirus.
Before submitting your permit application, please review the following requirements and submit all documentation through Film App.
FILM / VIDEO / PHOTOGRAPHY PERMITS
As a film-friendly city, the City of San Antonio's Film/Photography Permits are free of charge. Please note the following requirements:
- Request must be submitted at least 10 business days before principal day of shooting.
- All productions (film/video or photography) are required to submit a Certificate of Insurance (COI) with the following parameters:
- The City of San Antonio, Film Commission, P.O. Box 839966, San Antonio, TX 78283-3966 listed as an additional insured.
- Coverage must meet the requirements listed here: Insurance Requirements
- A Film/Photography permit is NOT required for productions:
- On public property for newsgathering purposes.
- On private property.
- A permit is required for any drone activity that is over city-owned property, including streets and sidewalks.
- A permit does not reserve any location. Productions must contact and arrange with each location; we do not reserve locations on production's behalf.
- All FAA procedures, policies and guidelines apply.
- A Film Permit Application is required for Drones and should be submitted through this app for review. All of the above requirements still apply.
- Drones are not permitted over the Riverwalk.
The following locations are not covered by the City of San Antonio Film Permit and need seperate approvals through the following contacts/forms: