Wandsworth London Borough Council Events
"Enable Leisure and Culture (Enable Events Team) manage the events across Wandsworth on behalf of Wandsworth Council. Enable Events use Apply4, a web-based system for applying to use parks and open spaces within the borough for events. This helps us to process your application quickly and to share information with all concerned as efficiently as possible.
We consider an event to be an organised activity where there are 50 or more people and/or where infrastructure is taken on site. Strictly speaking a gazebo, table and chairs are considered infrastructure. If your event has less than 50 people and no infrastructure is taken on site then you are not considered an event. The parks in the Borough can become incredibly busy therefore we advise you contact our team to make them aware of your activity, please note you may be asked to submit an application.
We request a minimum lead up time of three months for all events.Please be aware that due to the current global pandemic our lead up times are even longer than normal and we have incredibly limited availability. If you do not email us prior to submitted an application your application will automatically be rejected. Please ensure you read through all current government guidance and ensure you approach us with a plan on how to mitigate the transmission of COVID at your event. Please note that the borough can become very busy with events early in the year, so to avoid disappointment. For large events we advise contacting the Enable Events Team nine months in advance of the proposed event date.
For sports pitch bookings, please contact; email@example.com
- In the first instance, please contact Enable Events Team firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 3959 0015. This is to ensure site availability, confirm dates, attendance numbers and any fees associated with the event. A provisional diary booking can be made to secure the venue (this initial booking doesn't imply full consent to deliver the event). Please do not apply without first talking to our team.
- Once we have confirmed details with you, our team will then direct you to EventApp to submit your application. By submitting an application you agree to abide by our terms and conditions. Please make sure you read the document thoroughly as you will be bound by the conditions stated within this agreement, this includes all cancellation charges. Organisers whose events may cause significant impact on the site or surrounding area may be required to attend one or more Safety Advisory Group meetings before final permission is granted. There is a non-refundable fee of £50 per application submitted, confirmed events will have this fee absorbed into the site hire. Please note that declined or cancelled events will still be required to pay this fee.
- During the application process you will be asked to submit supporting documentation including but not limited to; Event Safety Plan, Insurance (Public Liability minimum £5 million), Emergency Procedures and Risk assessment. This can be submitted either as one event plan or as individual documents. We have provided some useful links on the right-hand side including guidance, templates and forms.
- Please ensure we have correct invoicing details. All fees are payable prior to event dates. By submitting an application you agree to pay the fees as set out by your Event Account Officer.
- Once event documentation is confirmed and approved you will be issued a permit for the event.
If you have any questions, or need any more information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.