EventApp Bristol City Council

EventApp Bristol City Council

COVID-19 Update: 

Under step four of the roadmap, from 19 July, the government has confirmed COVID-19 restrictions will be lifted across most areas.

To help protect your business and employees in Bristol, BCC has put in place 10 principles we expect event orgainsers to follow cuurently holding events or activites on our land, this must be explained in your Covid RA and EMP. 

Under the Health and Safety at Work Act you have a duty of care to your employees and should follow the principles set out in the working safely guidance.

Therefore you will still need to produce a Covid 19 – Risk Assessment as part of your event paperwork to show what mitigation will be in place at your event or activity.

Before you apply:

Please ensure you have read the information on our website  Hold an event in a park, open space or street  before contacting the Site Permissions team. 

Please only create an application if you have been instructed to do so by the Site Permissions team.

Please also read our Guide for event organisers to help you plan and manage your events effectively, safely, legally and in line with the standards expected by Bristol City Council and Bristol’s Safety Advisory Group (SAGE).

Please note - We require a minimum of 3 months to process your requestand larger events can take up to 12 months planning

Further Information:

  • Licensing - As well as applying for site permission, if you’re holding an event you must apply for any licences that you need, such as a:

Temporary Events Notice or Premises licence

  • Parks Activities  -You must ask us for byelaw permission to provide a service you charge for in a park or green space. For more information check out what you can do in our parks.
  • Event locations - We have a variety of parks you can use to hold an event. Our location map shows our more popular sites.
  • Marketing or Promotional Activity - We have spaces in the city centre suitable for marketing or promotional events:

Centre Promenade

College Green

Amphitheatre & Hanover Quay

Queens Square

Castle Park

  • Health and safety - The Purple Guide contains a lot of information which might not be relevant for smaller events. If you're planning a small or medium event, health and safety information is available from the Health and Safety Executive.

If you have any other queries, please contact site.permissions@bristol.gov.uk